When you are shopping around for your Michigan home insurance quotes there are several ways that people who reside in Michigan can save some money on their premiums.
- Some insurance companies such as michigan-insurance.website, give discounts for those who are members of specific business groups in the area. These groups that are based in Michigan can make you eligible for these discounts.
- You can save money on your premium if you bundle your insurance needs. If you find a company that offers many different kinds of insurance programs – car, motorcycle, life, health, or any other types – you can save money by bringing your policies to one company.
- If you have a home that is 13 years or younger you may be eligible for a new home discount. The newer the home the less expensive it might be to replace.
- Your roof – if you have put a new roof on your house within the last 6 years you could qualify or a discount. This is a major expense so if you have reduced the liability aspect you should get a discount on your insurance premium.
- The right roofing materials – when you replaced your roof if you used roofing materials that are UL approved you could be eligible for a discount. Products include those that are resistant to impact, such as fiberglass made of asphalt or shingles made of asphalt.
- Your heating and plumbing – the same goes for your heating, air conditioning, and plumbing elements in your home. If you have replaced them and upgraded them with more up-to-date equipment you should be able to save on your insurance.
- Safety first – if you have a security system installed in your home with a monitoring system you can save up to 20% on your insurance. You should also make sure that you have deadbolt locks on all doors that are going outside. You can find a confirmation form to send to your insurance company on many of the home alarm system websites.
- You may want to also have a fire alarm, smoke alarms in each room, or a sprinkler system installed in your kitchen to save on your insurance costs. Having a fire extinguisher in your kitchen can cut down on kitchen fires.
- If your house is located close to a fire hydrant as well as to the nearest fire station you should save a little on your insurance as well.